Special consulting services have been developed to assist MSU researchers with proposal preparation support. Our grant consultants have worked with institutions across the country and have developed a set of best practices which they follow and share with MSU researchers.
Note as of March 26, 2021: Previously, some of the services below were available for a fee under a cost-share agreement with the colleges and departments of the faculty using the particular service. With current budget constraints and as an incentive to encourage the use of these services, any related fees are currently suspended. A fee structure may be implemented in the future, but is not anticipated during the 2021 fiscal year.
- Grant editing
- Peer-review coordination
- Proposal consulting
- First draft review (with comments)
- Structure of your proposal
- Exploring funding
- Seminars and webinars
- Grant hot seat sessions (one-day critique sessions with fellow MSU researchers applying to the same agency)
One of the foremost problems encountered by our team is the issue of researchers asking for assistance too close to the submission deadline, limiting our team's ability to help. We recommend researchers start early, contact our office with intent, and follow the best practices with contiguous available programs.
- Joined MSU in January 2015
- Ph.D. in Microbiology from the University of Washington and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
- Graduate work with DNA sequences for tissue-specific expression of a murine leukemia virus called MCF13. Post-graduate work at the Pasteur Institute in Paris.
- Experienced science journalist and publications editor with a specialty in persuasive writing.
- Tom Hollon's full bio
For any additional questions or to schedule a consultation, please email RGS.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Joined MSU in November 2018
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience from Columbia University
- Completed a postdoctoral fellowship at Rockefeller University, studying the neural mechanisms underlying visual attention.
- Previously worked as a Scientific Editor for the Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences at Washington University in St. Louis
For additional questions or to schedule a consultation, please email RGS.email@example.com.