National Academy of Sciences Award Nominations Due
The National Academy of Sciences is accepting nominations online for the awards listed below. NAS membership is not required to nominate candidates or to be considered for an award. Please help spread the word that the nomination process is underway!
More information, including nomination instructions, eligibility requirements, and more can be found here.
Nominations will be accepted through Monday, October 7, 2019.
- Arthur L. Day Prize and Lectureship (physics of the Earth)
- Atkinson Prize in Psychological and Coginitive Sciences
- James Craig Watson Medal (astronomy)
- Jessie Stevenson Kovalenko Medal (medical sciences)
- John J. Carty Award for the Advancement of Science (physical sciences)
- Maryam Mirzakhani Prize in Mathematics
- Michael and Sheila Held Prize (computer science, specifically combinatorial/discrete optimization)
- NAS Award for Scientific Reviewing (social sciences)
- NAS Award for the Industrial Application of Science (sustainability)
- NAS Award in Chemical Sciences
- NAS Award in Molecular Biology (young investigator)
- NAS Prize in Food and Agriculture Sciences
- NAS Public Welfare Medal
- Pradel Research Award (neuroscience; mid-career neuroscientists)
- Troland Research Awards (psychology; early-career researchers)
Other NAS Award News
» Starting with this nomination period, the Troland Research Award age limit has been revised to "early-career researchers, preferably 45 years of age or younger."
» The inaugural Maryam Mirzakhani Prize in Mathematics will be presented in 2020 to recognize exceptional contributions to the mathematical sciences by a mid-career mathematician.