Broader Impacts Conference
The offices of the Vice President for Research & Innovation and University Outreach and Engagement are excited to announce the Broader Impacts of Research: Strategies, Resources, and Partners event taking place March 17-18, 2021. It will provide faculty, staff, and students who are interested in applying for NSF grants an overview of the broader impacts (BI) of research criterion and introduce them to the wide array of resources, supports, and partners available at MSU to help them design innovative broader impacts activities and write winning BI plans.
This two-day event will have six 60- to 90-minute sessions that cover the following topics:
Day 1: March 17 | 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Broader impacts: What they are, why they matter, and how to create a great BI plan
- NSF CAREER awards: How to write a winning CAREER award proposal
- MSU resources and partners for broadening participation in STEM
Day 2: March 18 | 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Partners for engaging the public in science
- Supports for industry partnerships
- Strategies for effective partnerships with nonprofits and government agencies
View a list of the many Broader Impacts Resources available at MSU.