Special Consulting Services
Special consulting services have been developed to assist MSU researchers with proposal preparation support. These services complement those offered by Research Facilitation & Dissemination and focus on specialized areas by funding entity such as NIH and NSF (see our Grant Submission Assistance Initiative). Our grant consultants have worked with institutions across the country and have developed a set of best practices which they follow and share with MSU researchers.
- Grant Submission Assistance Initiative (see page for cost share breakdown)
- Peer-review coordination
- Grant editing
- Proposal consulting
- First draft review (with comments)
- Structure of your proposal
- Exploring funding
- Seminars and webinars
- Grant hot seat sessions (one-day critique sessions with fellow MSU researchers applying to the same agency)
One of the foremost problems encountered by our team is the issue of researchers asking for assistance too close to the submission deadline, limiting our team's ability to help. We recommend researchers start early, contact our office with intent, and follow the best practices with contiguous available programs.
- Joined MSU in January 2015
- Ph.D. in Microbiology from the University of Washington and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
- Graduate work with DNA sequences for tissue-specific expression of a murine leukemia virus called MCF13. Post-graduate work at the Pasteur Institute in Paris.
- Experienced science journalist and publications editor with a specialty in persuasive writing.
- Tom Hollon's full bio
- Joined MSU in November 2018
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience from Columbia University
- Completed a postdoctoral fellowship at Rockefeller University, studying the neural mechanisms underlying visual attention.
- Previously worked as a Scientific Editor for the Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences at Washington University in St. Louis
Visit dates for Spring 2021:
- January 11-15
- February 8-12
- March 8-12
For additional questions or to schedule a consultation, please email RGS.email@example.com.