Summer Graduate Assistant Opportunity: Podcast Production
Graduate Research Assistant Opportunity
Deadline to apply May 3, 2019. This posting has now ended.
The Office of Research and Innovation at MSU has an opportunity for a research assistant to work as part of a podcast production team. This is a half-time, graduate student opportunity for summer 2019.
The podcast offers a wide array of interviews with people who are envisioning the future, including academics, scientists, technologists, start-up entrepreneurs, and venture capitalists. Visit manifoldlearning.com for more information on the program.
In this role, the graduate assistant will research background material regarding potential guests by reviewing publications, books and other academic materials, past interviews, and news articles. The graduate assistant will also contribute to developing interview questions. Additionally, the candidate will be trained to run the podcast recording equipment and will support post-production editing and promotion of the program.
The ideal candidate may come from any discipline, but should have a strong interest in science communication, open dialog, and public discourse.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to find and review scholarly publications and other research materials
- Strong interest in digital media and web as a tool for connection and building an online community
- Experience with various kinds of technology and/or interest in learning about technology
- Must work well with a team, demonstrate attention to details, and be deadline-oriented
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to Melanie Kauffman at email@example.com no later than May 3, 2019.