MSU Scholars and Faculty Insight Research Websites Now Live
- “MSU Scholars” is a public-facing site showcasing MSU faculty scholarly activity. The site can be accessed via this URL: https://scholars.msu.edu.
- “Faculty Insight” is an internal site, accessible via MSU Net ID, and displays grant funding opportunities from federal, corporate, and foundation sources, as well as experts at MSU for collaboration possibilities. The site can be accessed at this URL: https://insight.discovery.academicanalytics.com/msu
Details on each site are below.
- A public-facing site so anyone with access to the internet can view it.
- The site includes detailed profiles on both tenure-system and fixed-term faculty, and other scholars at MSU, displaying their scholarly activity (publications, grants, conference proceedings, books, scholarly awards, patents).
- Users can search for experts at MSU on any given research topic entered.
- The “Collaborations” tab displays the network of colleagues with whom the given scholar has worked on publications and/or grants.
- Scholars can update the “Research Summary” and “Research Interests” sections of their profiles via logging into “Faculty Insight,” as noted below.
- Faculty and staff can log in to the site via their MSU Net ID.
- Users can search for grant funding opportunities specific to their own research interests (based on their article and grant abstracts), or to any research topic of their choosing. Such opportunities include not only federal but also industry and foundation grants.
- Each funding opportunity displays the name of the opportunity and funding agency, dollar amount, application instructions and deadline, URL to the grant website, and a list of similar opportunities.
- The “Collaborations” tab displays the network of colleagues with whom the given scholar has worked on publications and/or grants. Details of the collaboration are available by clicking on the collaborator name, and then “Show Works.”
- Faculty can make edits to their individual profiles, such as adding a scholarly activity that doesn’t already appear, or corrections and updates. The edits will populate both the internal (Faculty Insight) and public-facing (MSU Scholars) websites, including edits to the “Research Summary” and “Research Interests” sections of their profiles.
Please direct all questions regarding either website to Kyle Sweitzer in the Office of Planning and Budgets, at email@example.com.
Academic Analytics will hold several one-hour WebEx training sessions on the new “MSU Scholars” and “Faculty Insight” websites.
The training will include:
- How to search for grant funding opportunities relative to your own research, or to a given research topic.
- How to search for experts nationwide in a given research area.
- How to update the “Research Summary” and “Research Interests” on your profile page.
To register for a session, email Maribeth Stankiewicz (firstname.lastname@example.org) from Academic Analytics with your chosen date.
Tuesday, Feb 19, 4:00-5:00
Thursday, Feb 21, 9:00-10:00
Monday, Feb 25, 2:00-3:00
Wednesday, Feb 27, 10:00-11:00