The Research Evaluation Interface
The Research-Evaluation Interface: How do research and evaluation strengthen each other?
This interdisciplinary mixer will bring together for the first time all members of the MSU community with expertise or interest in evaluation to identify strategies for creating a university-wide structure that links evaluation resources and expertise to evaluation needs on campus and establishes an evaluation community of learning and practice. Please be sure to register below.
Speakers will present on the following topics:
- How are research and evaluation different?
- How can research and evaluation strengthen each other?
- How would MSU benefit from a centralized hub for evaluation resources and expertise?
- What is the MSU Evaluators’ Network and how do I get involved?
Attendees will have opportunities to meet other evaluators through facilitated tabletop discussions organized by thematic clusters (e.g., health evaluation, environmental program evaluation, cost analysis, advocacy and policy change) and informal conversations.
- Miles McNall, Ph.D., Director for Community Engaged Research, University Outreach & Engagement
- DeAndra Beck, Ph.D., Associate Dean for Research, International Studies and Programs
- John Medendorp, Ph.D., Director, Borlaug Higher Education for Agricultural Research and Development
- Karin Pfeiffer, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Kinesiology
- Jane Payumo, Ph.D., Research Evaluation and Data Manager, AgBio Research
Michigan State University programs, activities, and facilities are available to all without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, political persuasion, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, height, weight, veteran status, age or familial status. Please inform us if you need any accommodation for accessibility at (517) 432-4499.