Academy for Global Engagement
Fri., April 20 - 8am-11am
Global Innovation: Forging Your Network and Funding Your Research
Kellogg Center, Lincoln Room (MAP)
Program officers and experts in research and global development will share their insights on how to develop your global network, and how to find resources to support your work in an uncertain funding landscape. Sessions include:
Separating Fact from Panic: Understanding a Changing Funding Landscape
How to Build and Maintain a Productive Global Research Network
- CHUCK CHOPAK, VP, Development Alternatives, Inc.
- NOEL DAY, ZOETIS External Innovations| Patent Attorney/R&D
- OTTO GONZALEZ, USDA-NIFA Director, Center for International Programs, National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- TODD HARMER, Senior Vice President, American Defense International
- JOHN LUGINSLAND, MSU Professor and Former Division Chief, Air Force Office of Scientific Research
- PEDRO MARTEL, Head of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Inter-American Development Bank
- GARY MATLOCK, Deputy Assistant Administrator for Science, NOAA’s Oceanic and Atmospheric Research
- SUSAN SCHRAM, Senior Associate, Global Food Security Project, Center for Strategic and International Studies
- NICHOLAS SHERMAN, Program Officer, International Office for Science, Department of Energy
- DAWN TILBURY, Director, Engineering Directorate, National Science Foundation
- ERIC TRACHTENBERG, Practice Lead and Senior Director of Agriculture, Millennium Challenge Corporation
Register by emailing Janet Fierro at AGE@msu.edu by April 13!
Sponsored by the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, the College of Engineering, the College of Natural Sciences, the Axia Institute, International Studies and Programs, the Office of the Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies, and the Office of the Provost.