COVID-19 Health & Safety Info Sheet
What to do for Covid-19 symptoms, positive tests, reporting and travel.
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19:
- Do not come to the laboratory. Notify your PI/supervisor that you will not be coming in. Make plans for your work to be covered by someone.
- If you are a student, notify the COVID-19 Triage Hotline at 855-958-2678 (or your health care provider) if you become sick with COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 symptoms and/or a suspected case. It is recommended that you inform your PI/supervisor.
- If you are a faculty or staff member, contact your primary care provider or check the Michigan Testing Site Finder. For more information, check out the MSU COVID-19 information page.
If you or someone you know have had contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19:
- If you are a student, please notify your supervisor/PI immediately. Call the University Physician at 517-353-8933 or email: email@example.com.
- If you are a supervisor/PI please immediately:
- The University Physician will provide guidance on quarantine or isolation procedures.
- EHS should be contacted for guidance on laboratory disinfection.
- All information should be kept confidential between the individual, the PI/supervisor and the chair/director. However, after speaking with the University Physician’s Office we encourage those who test positive to contact those who have been identified as close contacts if they feel comfortable doing so.
If you are leaving or returning from domestic or non-domestic travel:
- Please check https://oihs.isp.msu.edu/travel-during-covid-19-pandemic/ for guidance for both national and international travel.
- Report concerns, questions, or comments to your supervisor, or to MSU Environmental Health & Safety at 517-355-0153.
- You may access the MSU Misconduct Hotline https://misconduct.msu.edu/. The University prohibits retaliation against any individual who makes a report in good faith of known or suspected misconduct.